Annual Report 2020 / 2021: President's and Treasurer's reports
A year has passed again, and it’s time for our annual reports. Without much ado, you will find our reports here:
We would like to say a big Thank you! to all those who have put in so much time, passion and energy into the European Juggling Association over the last year. There have been many, and we will certainly fail to remember them all here, but at the very least, we want to name a few.
- The EJC Hanko team around Leo and Jacob, who remained positive until the last day!
- The Executive Committee (XC), namely – in alphabetical order – Bubba (Treasurer), Kamil (IT & Infrastructure), Linde (Pre-Reg), Mittens (Secretary), and Simi (Advisor). Thank you for all your energy, commitment and work!
- Those on the European Juggling Association’s Board, who have been at so many more Board meetings this year than previously, and who have contributed a lot in the past year! You know who you are!
- The fantastic bid teams from Ireland and France, who bore with us while we were trying to make the best of this XC’s first pre-screening process and who produced great bids!
- Last, but certainly not least, the VEJC team, many of which are also Board members, and who organised this event with passion and skill. By the time of writing this, the event has not happened yet, but I am certainly looking forward to it!
There are many more who deserve thanks for their efforts and support; if you are one of them, please know that you are appreciated!
Thinking back on the year, we’ve been incredibly busy: For one, of course, there has been COVID. Trying to organise one of the largest international and volunteer-run juggling events in a pandemic world may be one of the hardest tasks there is, and we’ve done our best to support the EJC teams in Hanko and Tres Cantos. They have done incredibly well, even if for Hanko there couldn’t be a happy end. You all are amazing!
But it’s not just because of the pandemic that we’ve been busy. We’ve increased the number of Board meetings from one or two per year to eight; we organised a VEJC; and we’ve begun important conversations about the future of the European Juggling Association.
This XC is ambitious: We want us and the European Juggling Association to be the best versions of ourselves. This is a difficult task, not the least because it requires all of us to have a shared vision of what this future best version in a changed world is supposed to look like. We have only begun these conversations, and we invite everyone to contribute. We’re planning an event on this during the VEJC – please join – and we’re thinking about other options to include many voices. Please sign up to our newsletter to stay tuned, and if you want to get in touch with us directly, drop us a line at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!
Jonas, Bubba and the XC